@ the parliament building and grounds
It's almost two months now since I started working here at Dhaka, Bangladesh... Until now I still get questions like "why in dhaka?" and "where is that?". People, i think forgot their geography already or maybe because, well, dhaka is not that famous in OFW list of destinations (?)... Dhaka is in Bangladesh, and Bangladeh is in Asia... south east asia... beside India, at the mouth of Bay of Bengal.
with my Visual Merchandising Staff
I started learning their dialect and men, it's kinda hard especially when you try to construct a sentence already because the construction of a sentence is way different in english composition. LIke, when you say "not good", they say it "baloh (good) nai (not)"... and when you say "what do you want?", they just simply say "ki (what) lagbe (want)"... i do know how to count in bengali, ek, duy, tin, char, paach, choi, shat,aat,noy, dosh, egaro, baro... until 12 only :P

@ the new market place

The Prime Minister's Palace fence

just around the river bend
I've never been to much of places yet, just around dhaka - in gulshan, banani and dhanmondi. But everytime I go around, i try to remember the places. To help me with my life here in Dhaka, i bought an english - bengali dictionary and a travellers road map. The road map was very helpful since the places like restaurants, bookstores, shops are all listed in the map with the proper location. And I know how to go home already but I will never try to commute on my own...
WE have our own boa (servant), so now our apartment is spic and span which we really need since the area is very dusty. Fine dust that you need to clean your nostrils everyday :P MOre updates soon, and hopefully i can get a new camera since the camera i brought with me suddenly stopped working :(
No comments:
Post a Comment