The past few days were quite uneventful. Due to uncertainty in the company, I have to save whatever I can just in case the job will not work for me anymore, thus, I spend the holidays here instead of going out of the country like what I did last year. Last year, I went to Cambodia for the Eid holidays with my friend. It was the first travel I awarded to myself since I started working. Aside from the excitement of travelling, the other purpose of that was to stay away from H and give him space that he once mentioned to me. Prior to that trip, we faced so many changes that were getting into my nerves already, and I needed a break.
it's not the regular tour, we took a photography tour thus we have more scenic shots than the usual touristy pictures. I rode an elephant for the first time, ate a spider and even let it crawl on my arm, hike a mountain and walk a lot with a sprain foot
The trip turns out to be a refreshing, very memorable and enjoyable trip, and yes, the purpose was served. From there on, my friend and I decided that we should plan and dream to have one trip a year, but because of the uncertainty in the office, I have to back out this time but I’m hoping we can go on Eid Ul Adha somewhere.
For the long holidays, I have my “Things-to-Do”. At first, I don’t know if I will be able to do everything as all the things that I want to do require time and attention. Aside from the long sleeping hours (I’m still deprive of sleep), I was able to do all the things I want to do even if it’s just a few and bits of that.
1. i finished reading a book in between all the other things
2. spend some quality time with the boys playing Wii and movie marathon, apart from the endless bickering and poking and as always the victim is me

3. was able to do one scrap out of the gazilion scraps that i'm planning to make, it's part of my photo-journal project. With all the changes in the office, I want to chronicle my 3 1/2 years in pictures via digiscrap

4. i'm creating my own tradition :-) like the previous eid, i always bake or make a cake or cook something new... last eid, i was in cambodia, i wasn't able to bake a cake but i was able to cook an authentic Khmer food. For this Eid, i didn't bake a cake from scratch but used a store bought cake mix. Tried making an icing too :-)


5. As promised, I took a picture of the moon on eid... isn't it lovely? My next purchase will be my Nikon D5100.....
And last, got the time to write this latest blog entry :-)Holidays are over, it's back to reality again tomorrow. I hope vacation leave will be approve also :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment