Monday, November 19, 2012

W@W Christmas Party 2012


The first thing I did after getting engaged was to join the Weddings At Work or W@W. It’s an e-group for engaged couples. I’m familiar with this group way back 2006, and I made a promise that I will join this group once I’m (formally) engaged too. I will definitely write a separate post regarding this group after my own wedding. But for now, I will just share the happiness and fun I’ve experienced during the recently concluded W@W Christmas Party 2012.

Last November 16, W@W held an early Christmas party for all w@wies and suppliers. It’s the best party I’ve attended so far.

It was great meeting the faces behind the signatures and names. It was a great event where brides-to-be, grooms-to-be, and newly-married couples get together and meet each other. Most of us knows each other and talks to each other thru the group and emails only. And most of us met each other for the first time that night, but the camaraderie was so natural. It seems like we know each other already from long before, and we are just having a reunion. The only common thing I think that binds us all together is that we are all members of this wedding community, W@W.

The party was a blast. It’s a very fun, successful and memorable event. All the big names in the wedding supplier’s community shared their talent and services for the love of W@W. Even the W@wies themselves shared their time, talent and creativity in making this event more fun and successful. For the first time in the history of W@W Christmas Party, the W@Wies had a dance presentation, and I’m proud that I’m one of the dancers. 

The last time I performed was 1997, that’s more than 10 years already. I’m glad I can still dance even if I’m not that great dancer anymore heheh! And no, I didn’t volunteer myself, I just saw my name was included in the performer’s list, and I’m not one party popper. I’m glad to dance in public for the love of w@W J We don’t have much time to practice together; we only have two nights to practice as a group. And during the practice, it was fun. I feel like I’m transported to my highschool days, where we used to have our dance practices for days until wee hours. It was fun practicing with you guys April (Pres), Icar, Fau, Arlene, Krystle, Neren, Erin, Gracey, Jhellie, Tintin, Donna, Vanessa, April Rose, and the supportive grooms also Manny, Jack (inalay talaga ni vanessa), Dino, Pierce and Jonas and Benjie. Hats off to Sir Abet for being cool, so with Bong Sare :-) Thank you also to Ms. Benz for staying with us during the practices and for "feeding" us. Thank you to Czar also for taking the video while we are doing our dance performance during the party. And also, thank you so much to Nicolai, our witty dance choreographer, you rock!

But like any other event, this isn’t a one-man show. It will not be a successful one without the joint efforts of all the suppliers and members. Since I’m a proud W@WIE and I really did enjoy the party, it’s just appropriate to give thanks & credits to whom it’s due. So please, bear with me if this post will look like an advertisement but take note, this isn’t a paid advertisement, I’m just one satisfied client :-)

The Venue: Blue Leaf

It was my first time to see this place, and I was in awe. It’s a beautiful place. How I wish I have book my wedding reception here but Taguig is quite far for all my guests. And, we had our 2 nights dance practice here, and we can never be thankful enough for them in accommodating our request.

Caterer: K By Cunanan
I’ve been reading lots of good feedbacks regarding their food and services. Too bad they are not included in the accredited suppliers of my wedding venue. I thought I will never get the chance to taste their food, but dreams do really comes true J My tummy was full even before dinner though because of the cocktail that they served. Yummylicious perfect! And the venue? It’s a winter wonderland theme.  Am I dreaming of a white Christmas? Too bad I don’t have good pictures of the venue.
Yes, I'm on diet :-)

They served cocktail plate also when we were seated already. Can't remember all, but those balls are cheese balls and it's yummy.

During the cocktail hour, there is also a dessert bar buffet by Joy San Gabriel. Another tick in my checklist. The pastries are all soooo yummy. Yeah, I tasted each pastries/cupcakes in the buffet. I just have to!

W@W Awards AVP: Mayad Studios
I liked their style even before. Great! If only I have a fairy godmother who will pledge for them :-)

Coordinator: Just Like ours - Queen David
They are the best at what they do.

Mobile, Lights & Sounds: Sensitivity
Even if they were not included in the Top 10 W@W Suppliers, their support to W@W never wavered. That's one good customer service. 

Stage Design: 4th Wall
The Stage; my picture doesn't give justice to it
Bonggang-bongga ang stage. Let me grabbed the words of Ms. Benz; I just hope I will not be charge of plagiarism :-)


"Ahh 4th Wall's support to W@W knows no bound. Had we asked for his liver I wouldn't be surprised if he would give it. That is how deep the love and bond and relationship has been. It is borne out of our beginnings. When both W@W and 4th Wall (Balay Kandila pa sila noon) was nobody and we barely had enough to make it thru the month, we were together. Nobody was happier than each other when one would attain success. Slowly W@W made its mark and started to find ways to gain financially, 4th Wall started carving their niche and slowly made it big, then bigger, then as big as they are na now. But no matter how much success we got, we would never forget those days when we eat by hands over dinner contemplating what to do with our future. Kaya siguro feeling nila pag W@W humingi ng favor walang nang bilang bilang, pati kaluluwa ibibigay nila basta kaya nila."



Who doesn't love photo booths? I'm addicted to it and I think I have a total of 13 pictures that night.
All I want for Christmas is you, Honey! (NicePrint / StyleDiaries)

with my wedding photographers, Bryan Yap & Pie (Party Treasures)





This is something new, and I find it really cool! It’s a touchscreen photobooth and you can draw or write something on the screen and it will be printed with the picture. For that, I had at least one picture with my H.
my picture with Honey by Tera Lifestyle :-)

Cocktail / Mocktail: Margarush and DNC Mobile Bar
I’m still checking my budget, but I really love to book any of the two for my own wedding! Yummy!


I didn't bother to bring out and use my camera anymore during the event because we have photographers from ImagineNation Photogrpahy namely Larry Leong, Alex Ruelo and Kimi. And well, I’m also waiting for the pictures from the other w@wies, I’m just going to tag and grab hehe!


Coffee Unplugged / Grace Osio. Who doesn't love coffee when you have yummy cakes and pastries. Indulgence!


They are not professional Hosts but the party was filled with fun and laughter, Bong Sare and CJ Lagman. Bong Sare even showed his dancing talent with us hehe!

Aside from the "Kendeng Girls and Grooms", there are also other w@wies who shared their talent and creativity. Hats off to OJ for the beautiful W@W Christmas Logo, button pins and stationary design.
with OJ

our W@W Christmas Pin, designed by OJ


The W@WIES Corner and Ribbon wall was arranged, organized and manned by Joed and Allan, Czar, Donna and Cecille. I hope I didn't miss anyone. :-)




And to all who sponsored the raffles, thank you so much for your generosity. I think the most exciting and most awaited part is the "veluz shoes for grab", I don't know what they call this game but there were 24 pairs of veluz shoes, where all the ladies can fit the shoes, and if the shoe fits, it's yours. I had three tries, but after the third try, I realized I'm not Cinderella because my prince charming already found me! (Naks! Hirit ng hindi nanalo!)

Before the riot begins...

if the shoe fits: Veluz Shoes 

Thanks for welcoming us "Overseas W@WIES" also. Thanks for the magic bayong lootbag :-)
Overseas W@WIES with Ms. Benz and Sir Abet
Pinoy treats for Balikbayan like me :-) Thanks W@W!


The party was really a blast! and a success, from the food, the venue, set-up, prizes, lootbags, games, and up to the smallest details. If it was a wedding event, I'm sure the Bride and groom including there guests will be in seventh heaven!

But more than anything else, thank you so much to the founders of W@W, Sir Abet Rana and Ms. Benz Rana. Thank you for creating this community. It's really a big help to all b2b & g2b, especially to the overseas based b2b and g2b. There's no W@W in the first place if there's no Mimma & Didda who spearheaded in creating/organizing/founding this community :-) More powers to you both and to the W@W community!
W@W with suppliers




2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

that looks and sounds like a blast. may mga freebies pa. i'm sure you're all so excited about the wedding. how many days to go ba?

PEACHY said...

@photocache: matagal-tagal pa naman ...5 1/2 months to go pa :-)