Friday, February 27, 2009

Lutong Bahay 002


I don't know if there is a tagalog name for this food but in Vigan, they call it Dinuyduy or Duyduy (i think the latter is the tagalog name). It's one of my childhood food memories and I always end up eating a lot. Other people, like me, prefers the squash/pumpkin to be really squashed almost like pumpkin soup consistency, while others will love the squash to be just soft but not soupy. Just add few thinly sliced meat and bittergourd leaves. I don't follow any recipe for this, it's in my memory stock :-) Luckily, everytime I cooked this, the taste is always the same. Yummy!

How i cooked it? Hmmm....saute the garlic and meat, then add water and the cut into square squash/pumpkin. Add fish sauce to taste. Let it boil, when it is soft enough for you, squash the squash...add the leaves, let it boil for awhile then serve hot. Pour the soup in a hot rice and it's heaven :-)

2 comments:

meekerz said...

Did i eat this in Vigan? hehehe

PEACHY said...

yeah haha!