I can't think of a better title for this one but this is about my hunt for the church and venue of our coming wedding.
It's official, I'm getting married and I'm an overseas bride - meaning I'm going to prepare my wedding via phonecalls and emails - how easy is that! :-) Good thing, right now, work load is light so I was able to browse the net and source for suppliers (that's two weeks of browsing). I was able to book the church and venue via emails and phonecalls too, and asked my sister to go there personally to pay for the downpayment.
Our wedding is still next year but wedding in manila is a big event and the churches and venues are like hotcakes specially on hot dates. Hot dates are the dates considered lucky by feng shui, superstitious belief and other beliefs. It is advisable to book your church and venue at least a year ahead. Yes, you read it right, a year ahead, that is if you are eyeing the most sought after church or venue on the hot dates.
Picture grabbed from google
Picture grabbed from google
As for me, I have a very limited dates to choose from because I have to consider the availability of my family. And that leaves me only 7 saturdays to choose from. Why saturday? So that our guests can attend the occasion without filing a leave from there work and school.Given that fact, it's harder for me to get a venue because i have a short time constraint. Initially, I want an April 20 wedding date but the future in-laws think it's way too early and requested for a later date. My 2nd choice is May 18th. But since this is a hot date, the venue that I want was already booked for the evening event and I was left with the option to have a morning event. But the con for morning event is the call time is way too early. The ceremony should be at 9am so that you can have the reception from 11- 2pm. With that, you have to wake up around 4am to start with the wedding preparations like Hair and make up and pictorials. So i have to check other dates, and I'm left with april 27. I pencil booked the church and the venue for morning event because the venue rental fee is cheaper for morning event.
3D image of the Orchard Ballroom...I hope this venue will not fail me
When i asked and discussed it again with H, that's when he asked me why get the Pavilion and not the Orchard ballroom since it will be 50k lesser than the pavilion. We have to be practical and we have to save whatever we can save. So, that's when I checked again with the AE the availability of the ballroom and thank goodness, it's still open since this one is new and will have it's first event only this coming May. And that's how I got the church and the venue on the date that I want, May 18, 2013 330pm ceremony and 5pm-9pm reception, and according to our budget also.
Now, the next step is hunting for the other suppliers. But I think the toughest part will be the processing of all legal documents in order to get a marriage license, a pre-requisite in getting married plus all the seminars like family planning and pre-cana seminar. How we are going to do that is still a question because as much as possible I don't want us flying again to manila prior to the wedding to attend all the seminars. It's way too expensive and a hassle also at work. Sometimes I wonder if this are the reasons why there are lots of people in the Philippines who are not getting married in church yet or opt to live together because they don't want to face the hassle of the church requirements.
Aside from my sister who is helping me with all this preparations, I also joined Weddings at work yahoo group. It's a group of all those couples who are in their planning stage of their wedding also. It's in here where I get tips and moral support also. Haaaay... this is just the first leg of my wedding preparations, it's still a long way to go.
One reason why I booked Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and Oasis is because of proximity. Here's the location map:




2 comments:
congratulations. this is all very exciting.
thanks! it is very exciting and at the same time stressful.So, when are we meeting each other in dhaka?
Post a Comment