
I'm not yet done with my Creative Swap project, I'm still thinking of making one pair of earring for my partner but I'm running out of time again. Searching for the earring materials are not that tough afterall. It was available here, and I think it is cheaper than in Divisoria or Quaipo. The Gausia market is really a haven for all this sewing and craft stuff, different beads in all shapes and colors, laces in plain and intricate ones, all sorts of fabrics. I think, you name it and they got it all for you. You just have to know how to haggle, but since I'm a foreigner, they will jack up their prices as soon as you ask the price, so everytime I go there, I bring with me my staff. I just wish I can take a picture of this place but I'm not so sure how safe it is to bring out my camera :-)
Meanwhile, I'm already finished with this shirt. Its simple but I hope my swap partner will appreciate it somehow :-) It's my first time to try this "block printing".
I bought the blocks and fabric paint in Gausia Market also. There are lots of block designs, big and small in size, simple patterns, basic and intricate ones. There are also tribal designs but since I'm just a beginner, my staff told me that it wil be hard for me to use the tribal design. So, I decided to get the basic blocks firts. The block price starts from 10taka (smallest) to 200taka for the big ones.I need to send the package by this week already. Inshallah!
3 comments:
wow peachy, those look amazing! i'm sure your partner will love receiving those!
thanks!
I know who got them!
was just blog hopping, when I saw this post.
secret...
Post a Comment