I renew my blog when I came here in Dhaka with the hope that I can chronicle my so called Dhaka life. And, a way to ease the boredom that I will face during weekends since this is a place where there is no really life for someone like me not unless you are a member of the international clubs and other clubs. I intend to blog about Dhaka life thru my eyes complete with pictures. I was excited at first, taking pictures of almost everything, the beggars, the dilapidated buses, construction sites with women laborers, mobile tea stalls, lovers at the park, and a lot of other things. I have them all, save in the hard drive but then I didn’t really get the chance to particularly blog about them. I don’t have much time to blog because I never thought that I will find a surrogate family here. So, there goes my weekends and holidays.
I also never thought that there will be a follower for this blog aside from my friends, so I really didn’t blog religiously on my Dhaka life. But today, when I was tinkering with my blog profile, I noticed that I have one follower. So, out of curiosity, I checked who it was. I haven’t met him or exchanged any correspondence with him yet, but base from his previous blog, he was someone who decided to move here in Dhaka. And like what I did before coming here, I researched about this country and tried looking for related blogs but I was not that successful as him. I was able to find only one site, while he was able to find a dozen sites. And thru his blog, I was able to check different blogs of other expats, though most of them are students, NGO’s and from the US.
He has one post wondering how the people like us spend our days here. Do we watch TV coz he never read any post related to this thing. For me, I seldom watch TV nowadays, because I enjoy browsing the net than watching TV. I don’t have enough choices also and until now, I never get the right timing for the shows that I want to see. Most of the channels here are Bangla channels so I only watch AXN, HBO, Discovery, Travel & Living, Z Channel, MNET Movies, National Geographic, and Animal Planet.
About food, I’m not really into spicy food so I never did any explorations in the food culture of Bangladesh. I’m only fond of their sweets less the aftertaste that I dislike but up to now I still don’t know what is it, so I can’t really tell my staff which sweets that I don’t prefer. But there are some food that I love, like Biryani, doi fuchka and the Chicken kurma. Talking about food, I remember I have few shots of Bangladeshi food and street foods. Guess I have to blog about them one time big time.
3 comments:
Hey there! I should have stopped by to say hi sooner, since I decided to follow your blog and all, but I never got around to it since most of your blog posts since I started following your blog haven't been in English. Imagine my surprise when I found an entire post (well, almost) about me. :)
I haven't been very active on the blogosphere lately, mainly because of the rolling blackouts over half the day, and when there are no rolling blackouts here, my internet doesn't work because the internet people have to deal with blackouts too. Anyway, please do keep updating your blog, since I have enjoyed reading all your posts in English and I'll try to update regularly too. Take care.
hello there! Most of the updates are for the group "Litratong Pinoy" or in english "Filipino Photographs". It's a group for full blooded/half blood filipino both in our country or in another countries, where they can post their own photos according to a weekly theme. The write up should be in Filipino language and an english translation is an option. I never wrote the translation coz my blog doesn't have sponsorship or ads anyway. Guess, I have to write a translation from now on :-)
welcome to dhaka! i hope you have adjusted already with the time diff. Where do you stay? Take care! and just keep on commenting.
Ah! That makes sense! I had a few Filipino friends in college, so while I don't really speak or understand the local dialect, I love the Filipino cuisine.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been pleasantly surprised by certain aspects of Dhaka, and not so much by others, but overall, I'm enjoying my time here. I live near the business district. I am not sure if you are familiar with the area. It's called Motijheel. I live about a mile or so from Motijheel. From reading your blog, I got the sense that you live in the northern part of the city like most expats, right?
Post a Comment