Finally, after one year and 6 months, I was able to visit our Sylhet showroom. This is the only showroom that I haven’t visited yet since I started working here. FYI, our company has 14 showrooms aside from the dealers and franchise-dealers showroom plus one in Kolkata, and all this, I have to re-do their planogram and VM them and have regular visits in order to maintain the set-ups.
We started early from Dhaka, around 6am. During this time, you will see a different Dhaka. Roads are free of jam; except for the main road entering and exiting Dhaka which is 24/7 always jam.On this part you’ll see the busy wholesale markets for flowers, fruits, veggies, fishes, meats & live animals full with people specifically men in their longgis, buying crates by crates and bundles by bundles of fresh produce.
One thing that you will notice here in Bangladesh, they have lots of rotunda. And in this rotundas stood monuments both historical and sculptural, others had fountains and gardens on it. It was a long drive and luckily the roads are all good. It’s like going home to Ilocos because you see miles and miles of rice paddies and other crops. It’s a respite from the busy and congested Dhaka. When we are near Sylhet already, we notice that the cows are free to roam on the roads since the farmlands are just beside the highway. So we say “rickshaws are the king of the road in Dhaka, while cows are the king of the road in sylhet”.
After one rest stop, a brunch break, we reached our showroom around 12nn. We started working right away knowing that we only have limited time to fix the showroom because our CEO doesn’t allow me to stay out of Dhaka for the night.
It is always a round trip for me whenever I have to visit our outside Dhaka showroom.We didn’t have much time to roam around sylhet because the showroom is two floors and we have to finish fixing the accents & decors before 7pm, we just went to Shah Jalal Shrine after lunch (which was at 3pm) as a special request of my girls. I have to cover myself also so that I can enter the compound.
Around 8pm, we started our journey back to Dhaka and we arrived Dhaka at 130am.
No comments:
Post a Comment