BRIDAL CAR: G Luxury Cars
Peso Power: Php 2895 + additional Php 750 for fuel if the location is
QC because the car is coming from Makati, for 4 hours with driver, new Mercedes
Benz C180
Highly Recommended
| the bridal car |
Bridal car is isn’t in my
priority list. I have an option of borrowing a car from a relative or maybe
from a friend if I won’t be able to find a car with a reasonable rental fee.
Good thing, I saw this voucher ad in Groupon and then after awhile, I saw it
trending in the waw yg emails already. That’s when I decided to call and
inquire about it. After discussing with Sir G, I texted my coordinator
Charisse, and asked her opinion. It’s a good price already so I booked it.
Sir G is nice. He even called me
in my mobile phone just to double check the date and to inform me that I need
to confirmed with him by evening as there is another one who inquired about the
car for the same date and timing. It was easy transacting with him.
On the wedding day, the car
arrived on time. The driver is okay, not really talkative, but he is okay, he
is by the way a relative of Sir G.
HOTEL PREPS: Discovery Suites
Peso Power: Booked it through my sister who was the Corporate Sales
Director then, so we book it using the employee’s rate, 1 3BR suite for 2 nights and 1 2BR
Suite for one night
Highly Recommended
Since my sister was employee
there, we were kind of “loyal” to Discovery Suites. They have a good service,
and with my sister around, it feels like you get faster service too.
We just booked their regular
rooms instead of their newly renovated rooms – The Serendipity Suites – because
employee’s rate was not applicable for that. And, I’m always in the look-out
for affordable, lower rates. I booked 1 2BR suite for my fiancé’s family and 1
3BR suite for two nights for my family and after the wedding for me and in-laws.
Their
3BR suite is spacious, we didn’t feel crowded during the preps time. It’s good
also that my eldest sister and her family booked a room also for them. At least
papa was able to spend time there while we are all busy prepping up. Something
that papa hates.
![]() |
| the birdies |
| We had the preparation in the living area, the only place with natural light. |
There’s no problem in bringing in
outside food, drinks and even beers. We had our lunch meals care of Amber’s. They delivered the packed-lunch to our suite. The month of May is considered peak season thus they were strict
with the check out time. The groom’s family transferred their belongings to my
suite around 12 noon which is the check out time with the help of the hotel staff. And my fiancé and his
family just spend more time in The Lounge for more photo and video sessions. You can actually use the other hotel facilities for photo & video sessions.
Most of the supplier’s find it a
hassle that you require a key card in using the elevator if you have to go up,
but this is just for hotel’s security purposes. Somehow we were able to request
additional keycards and provided it to the other suppliers. The hotel
management was able to provide us rooms that are all in one floor. I especially
requested for this one to lessen the hassle for the suppliers in moving back
and forth to different floors.
GROOM’s CAR: John Lord Transport
Contact Person: Mike +6329328439681
Peso Power: Php 2000 for 10
hours + fuel 500 + driver’s meal
Highly Recommended
Found it thru W@W. I think it was
Arlene who mentioned about them. I booked them after canvassing with other car
rentals. I actually booked them for 1) airport pick up, 2) during our pre-nup pictorial
in Sunvalley Estates at Inarawan, Antipolo after our short trip to the Antipolo
Church, 3) on the wedding day, and 4) when we had to dropped my sister and her family to the airport. I requested for the same driver – Kuya
Dhong, since I don’t want to transact and chill with a new driver every other
day, so I asked Kuya Mike to give the same driver for the rest of our schedule, but on the 4th time, I was surprised that Kuya Mike was the one who came with the van.
![]() |
| with Kuya Mike |
![]() |
| my computation |
Kuya Mike is a nice person. It
was easy transacting with him, and as well as the driver, Kuya Dhong, he was a
good driver and is familiar with the roads.
CREW MEAL / LUNCH MEAL: Amber
Highly Recommended
It was easy to order from them. I selected Rice Combi Package 4 which consist of 1 rice, 2 chicken, buttered veggies and pichi-pichi, asked my coordinator to order it for me since I was stressed out the
day before our wedding day and instructed my groom to deposit the downpayment to their
bank account, emailed them a copy of the deposit slip, and just paid the
balance and the delivery fee when they delivered the packed lunches on the day
of the wedding. The meal doesn’t include drinks, so I also asked my groom to
buy 40 bottles of 500ml mineral water from the supermarket. My family including my in-laws enjoyed their lunch, and our suppliers were happy with their lunch too - (I hope they did).
Most of the time, this is one of
the most neglected item in the checklist. It seems like a minor detail only,
but once you had your total headcount of how many people will be present during your
preparation in the hotel and multiply it with the cost of the packed-meal, you
will be surprise that it is NOT a small amount at all.
Deciding what meal to serve
during the preps is tough. You don’t want to be stingy and at the same time you
don’t want to splurge, but definitely you want everyone happy and not hungry
and at the same time not too full that it will be tough for some to work with a
heavy stomach also, but you want them to last long since you will never know
when they will get the chance to eat their next meal for the whole day event.
![]() |
| We ordered the Rice Combination Package 4. The prices are not updated |
Czar, a Wawie, recommended Amber
packed Meals since she also served the same thing during her preps also. I
asked of course the opinion of my photographer friend regarding food also. I
know most of the suppliers are tired of fast food meals so I have to serve them
something other than the usual.
As for the dinner time, my caterer gave me 15 free crew-meals so I just ordered additional crew-meal from them too. More info and tips on crew meal, you might want to check this at Joed Shares




No comments:
Post a Comment