Saturday, August 31, 2013

Supplier's Review: Cake Topper, Wedding Rings & Wedding Invitation

Peso Power: Php 3500
Highly Recommendable
Our Kokeshi dolls
I saw the pictures of the Kokeshi dolls even before I got engaged. I find them pretty and wonderful gift. Since our cake supplier will not provide the cake topper, that’s when I emailed Khristine to inquire about the Kokeshi Dolls. It’s handmade and personalized and she helped me execute what I want to show – embracing our different culture and showing our differences that endear to us – that’s our height difference and our skin tone. This is the reason why our kokeshi dolls are not of the same size.

Our Kokeshi dolls are not wearing the regular bridal gown. The bride is wearing a red bridal saree while the groom is wearing the Philippines’ Barong Tagalog. For me, it’s showing that we are both embracing each other’s culture but keeping our own identity and personalities. I learned to appreciate my height because of him, that’s why we have different sizes of dolls – the groom doll is tall and thinner, and the bride doll is the short and stout. And the groom is wearing his favorite bangle too.

Our Kokeshi Dolls on top of the cake during our Bangladesh Reception
My in-laws liked the dolls and we were able to use it again here in our Bangladesh reception. Honey finds them adorable too. Right now, it’s on display in our room. It was easy communicating with her thru email. The only CON is the pick-up points since I’m from QC, but other than, it’s a breezy transaction.


WEDDING RINGS: Aireen Mistica
Contact Details: +639175421791, ajmistica@yahoo.com.ph
Highly Recommendable

She was referred to me by my sister because she is their regular jeweler. She is from Bulacan and accepts meet-up in Manila. For us, we had our first meeting at my sister’s office in Discovery Suites, then the following meeting were in Trinoma since it is both convenient for us.

Po guarding our wedding rings. Photo by Bryan Yap.
I gave her the images of the ring that I liked and we customized it according to our budget.  It’s a two tone yellow gold & white gold 14k with 1 piece princess cut diamond for the bride’s ring in size 5, while his one is just a 2 tone band without the diamond in size9 ½. She gave me a good friendly price since my sister is one of her regular clients. The delivery is fast too. It’s just a matter of week. 
before and after the electroplating of our Arrhae
I gave her also our arrhae, which is already an heirloom since it was my parents', then my second sister used it on her own wedding then I will pass it on to whoever is going to marry next, for gold-electroplating and engraving. I asked her to engrave again my parents name and wedding date, my sister & her husband's name and wedding date, and ours. It cost us Php 1000 for that, gave our stainless mock rings for engraving - Php 200, and cleaning of my lola's ring which she gave to me as a gift, another Php 200.


WEDDING INVITATION: Wink
AE: Cindy Mesina
Peso Power: Php 5680 for 80 pcs.
Recommendable
Our buttercup wedding invitation. Photo by Bryan yap
Another item that I don’t want to splurge. I just have to order 80pcs because that is the minimum order. I selected from their template, luckily they have a sample that is the exact color motif and nearest to my “damask theme” in mind. Transaction is easy; you can deposit your DP and pay in cash or in check upon pick-up. My AE replies promptly to my emails too.

No comments: