PHOTOGRAPHER: Bryan Yap Photography (Pre-Nup and Wedding Day)
Peso Power: Php 30,000 Service Only
Inclusion: Unlimited digital shots for the duration of event and service of Bryan Yap + 1 photographer
Highly Recommended
| Bryan Yap and his team after our wedding reception |
Among our suppliers, he is my and honey’s favorite, having
said that, this may sound bias but it isn’t! Two thumbs up for him and his
team. He actually became my sort of “wedding tips advisor” and an “ear” during
the wedding preps. Bryan is not that popular in the wedding industry, it's not because he doesn't have the talent but simply because he doesn't know how to market himself. He doesn't advertise much, I think he enjoys his low-profile and let the word of mouth works for him. Most of the time, he works as the second photographer of high-profile photographers and that's were he gets the chance to improve and hone his skills without too much pressure a main photographer usually gets. And, working from behind gives you the talent of looking for every nook and cranny just to capture that most prized moments.
Bryan was referred to me by my friend who is into
photography too. I actually forwarded all the portfolio links to her and ask
her opinions regarding my choices. And she notices that majority are
post-processed already. Obviously, I don’t like someone whose photographs are
just good after post-processing so they were all slash out from the list, and
the search continues. I’m in search for someone who can deliver raw images with
great output already. That’s when Mika referred me to Bryan’s website, and even
asked her friend for feedback regarding Bryan’s service since they hired him
for their wedding and after a year, to their first child’s baptism &
birthday event. Yes, that’s how satisfied the client with Bryan’s work that
they became loyal clients.
During the time I was still inquiring, I was surprised to
received at least 1 paragraph answers to every questions I asked him. It’s not
the usual “template answers” I received from other inquiries. I thought at
first it’s his way of “sales talk”. I even get annoyed with his “OK’ in every
end of the sentence. Then, as we continued with our communication thru emails
which I noticed he usually answers in the wee hours, I’ve realized that he is
just one friendly-talkative-photographer and not just “sales talking” me to get
his service, and his “ok” is his manner of speaking in reality without being an
airhead. So it seems we are becoming chums even if I haven’t book him yet, and
even started sharing insights regarding wedding preps woos and other stuff. And
well, it’s a small world really, because his partner was a student in Fine Arts
where I used to teach, and she is from our province and supposed to be a
distant relative. Thanks for that, I got an additional freebie.
Even with his great output, we decided to book him for his
“service only” because of 1) budget wise it’s more affordable, 2) honey thinks
photo albums are dust-collectors and in this country, dust is like your second
skin already, that’s how dusty it is here, and 3) I want to do my own lay-out
as “scrapbooking” is one of my hobby, and honey is my number one fan and
critic. And, if ever I decide in the end that I want an album, I can always go
back to Bryan and ask them to do it and will just pay for the fee.
We booked him for “Service Only”, but I got some freebies
for being a good client, and because Pie is a "distant relative", yes, I'm a "user". According to him, he gave me those because I didn’t
demand for it but I asked nicely for it, and who could say “NO” to someone who
asked it nicely, right? As for me, it's a gift that I gladly accepted, and it came when I was really upset. He added an SDE, and gave us free prenup pictorial
within metro manila - but I cheated him coz we had our prenup at Sunvalley RealEstates in Inarawan Antipolo, of course I asked him first if it is okay if we
had it there, and he said yes because he is from Marikina, he doesn’t want to
do it at Eco park or Wildlife park as much as possible, and because I’m a good
girl. And he also gave us a CD of selected pictures from the pre-nup to be
shown during the cocktail hour. This was so much help because we only had our
prenup 4 days before the wedding and I don’t have time to make one anymore.
![]() |
| Prenup pictorial by Bryan Yap |
During our DIY pre-nup pictorial, it was a gloomy day. But
it was perfect day somehow for a pictorial. It’s not sunny and it’s not raining
hard too. It is humid but at least we were not under a scorching heat of the
sun nor drenched in rain. We already have “The Notebook” as our peg just in
case Mr. Rain will join us that day. Our pre-nup pictorial is too casual. Honey
doesn’t like dressing up, he doesn’t want the “thematic pictorials”, and he
just wants to ne at ease and is as he is. We had 3 casual looks 1) dressy look
– I am also a girl and I need to show that, 2) couples shirt – we’re are just
strolling in the park or hiking in the jungle, and 3) sporty look since he is a
gym buff and I also want to show-off my toned-body care of my 3 months love
affair with Gold’s Gym and discipline in eating. And well, I find a man who
loves my least favorite part of my body – my big arms.
![]() |
| Prenup Pictorial by Bryan Yap |
We had so much fun during the pictorial, even my in-laws
find him friendly and jolly. You just simply easily ease-up with him because of
his “gay-ish antics/style” and friendliness. It’s light and easy working with
him. We were limited to certain parts of the subdivision but Bryan was able to
capture a good angle and composition. Since we both forgot to bring our laptop,
I wasn’t able to get a copy of the pictures instantly, but he came to my house
the following day to deliver the CDs. That’s good service isn’t? It's good that we live near Marikina.
| Bryan in action. Photo courtesy of my bro-in-law |
Come wedding day, Bryan and his team arrived earlier than the
scheduled time because they want to do the details shot before everyone else
arrives. Instead of two photographers, they had another one that day, so I have
3 photographers that day – Bryan, Pie and MC. After introducing the whole team,
they proceed with their work. It’s a good thing also that they informed my
coordinator that they want to start early because the night before that,
Charisse came to my suite to arrange all the items needed to be photograph.
Bryan just had to take those things and start shooting them; they don’t have to
disturb me anymore because I was already having my make up done.
It was fun and easy working with the whole team. Obviously,
I can’t still control myself from smiling, so all the “pensive look”, “serious
look” was all failure. But they really captured the real me – “Bungisngis
peachy”, and I caught them with their favoritism – they took a lot of pictures
of Aiden, Mika’s daughter, my friend who referred Bryan to me, and who finally
booked him for a family pictorial session a few weeks before my wedding day.
That’s their first time to meet each other and they too have a great experience
with the session.
Bryan’s style is a mix of everything – he can adapt to his
client’s needs. He made sure that he can cover all the things that I require
but at the same time making sure that he can deliver more than what I expect
from him. He is open for suggestion too, if you like a certain pose, he will
take it. My in-laws are uptight but he was able to chill with them and made
them pose too. He gave me the raw images in DVD a few days after our wedding
because we went home to Ilocos the day after the wedding.
Sharing our SDE by Bryan Yap:
Alvin & Peachy's SDE Slideshow from Bryan Yap on Vimeo.
The only CON I can think about is they forgot to
go back to the buffet table to take pictures of the foods. When I asked Bry
about this, what he said was, the food were not ready yet when his team were
taking details shot, but still it isn’t a reason to forget about it, so he was
so sorry about it. It’s a small thing, it’s really not a problem but I’m into
details too, that’s why I noticed that the food pictures are missing. But again,
this small detail doesn’t affect their credibility and skills. I’m still
grateful that I didn’t have to experience horror stories with my photographer.
He is one high-calibre photographer with the friendly rate every bride and groom wants to grab! By the way, I didn't request for additional enhancement to the raw images because I'm already happy and satisfied with the raw images!


No comments:
Post a Comment