MUSIC: QUARTET: Manila String Machine
Peso Power: Php 18,000 – church & reception
Highly Recommendable
| MSM in action during our reception. Photo by Bryan Yap |
Honey gave me all the liberty to
plan regarding the wedding, but for this one, I gave it to him. I want to get a
band but hiring a band requires me to get additional “L&S” supplier, and
when you add both fees, it is way over the budget, while he wants a quartet. He
has three requests only – 1) Aiden to be one of the flower girls, 2) he will
wear a suit, and 3) he wants a quartet.
I’m a follower of Frances Amper Sales’ blog, and thru her I found out about MSM. So, when honey requested for a
quartet, MSM was one of the choices. Even if they are pricier than the others,
I still chose them because 1) they have newer and better repertoire, 2) they
reply faster than the others, and 3) to help one w@wie who has to cancel her
transactions with them because they are not pushing thru with their Philippine
wedding. It’s also convenient for me to watch them practice since one of their
member lives two streets away from our house. I went there with my dad during
their practice, and my dad likes them too.
PRO:
![]() |
| During their practice at Chico Street |
- It is easy transacting with Ted, both in email and FB
- Did I say it that they play so well. Their performance is high standard
- I wished I recorded their entire performance because I barely remember them playing. My senses were floating during my wedding day, everything was just like haze, and the only thing I can recall are the moments with my honey heheh!
- They can arrange the music if the song you want is not in their list, at a fee of course.
CON:
I’m not the one who experienced
it but the other suppliers. There’s one lady with MSM, we don’t know who she is
but she is the wife of one of the members. It’s not her intention to disturb
the other suppliers while working but I hope next time, she can feel and
understand that the suppliers are there to work and not to chitchat with her.
And, they need concentration and focus in what they are doing. Sometimes, it’s
hard to excuse yourself to someone who is so friendly and chatty, that you are
afraid to offend her by shutting her off, and just wish she has the senses to
excuse herself and give you space to work. That’s what the other suppliers felt
towards her. Other than that, there’s no harm done. And, how I wished they said
goodbye to us before leaving, I don’t have a picture with them.
I so love them, that how I wish, our videographer took a video of their full performance.

No comments:
Post a Comment