They are not supplier but wedding preps wouldn’t be easy without the help of online
forums. And I’m so glad that there is Weddings at Work or W@W for short. Even their W@W Primer booklet is full of practical tips.
I found out about W@W in year 2007 when I started helping my
sister in her wedding plans and my college friend was also preparing for her
wedding, and as for me, I was dreaming of my own wedding. And since then, I
promise that I will be a member of it once I get the chance to prepare for my
own wedding. And that’s exactly what I did after honey proposed to me, I joined
the W@W group. And, it’s the next best thing I did apart from saying “Yes” to
honey.
I will be forever grateful to this online forum as it was
really helpful to me during the preps especially I started as an overseas bride,
and kudos to the founder Mimma Benz and Didda Abet for creating this forum, and
changed the perspective of wedding preparations.
Through the group, I was
able to borrow some of the creative works of other w@wie brides, and this is
the Travelling W@W Love. How I wish I have something also to share to the community
but all my DIY’s were for personal use and not generic use.
 |
| The travelling birdies of OJ |
 |
| The wooden heart of Joed |
 |
| The fabricated LOVE of Lalaine |
 |
| The Long arm stapler of Mimi |
 |
| Consolation prize from The Pretty Palette by OJ |
I also won from W@W
Auction a dessert buffet bar from Purple Dish. The Auction happens once a year and
exclusive only for active W@W members.
.JPG) |
| Dessert Buffet bar by PurpleDish. Photo by Bryan Yap |
The forum is not just a helpful online forum anymore, it became a circle of friends and extended families. It made my wedding preps meaningful and bearable. They are there virtually and physically to cheer you up, enlighten you when things starts to be blurry, gives you tips and advices, lend their ears when you need someone to listen, and to show you things that you tend to oversee. One tip that I'm really glad I did was the "plastic container" for the couple's food, think about a tiffin box. It was Joed who thought about it, since the bride and groom seldom enjoys the reception food because 1) they are busy with their guests, and 2) they are in a cloud nine and the taste of the food doesn't really register (it happens to me), and left-overs are not a sure shot most of the time, so it's better to reserve a food for the couple to bring home with them, thus you require the "plastic container" so that your caterer can reserve food for you. I'm glad I did this because I was able to enjoy the reception food back in the hotel. I should have done it also for the dessert buffet.
I’m lucky to be part of the W@W community as I did not find only friends but gained families too. The W@W Love can just engulf you amidst the wedding preps, and even after the wedding, the friendship never ends. It’s a bond you never thought it is possible in a cyberworld.
 |
| Summer Lakwatsa with the W@wies at Ugu Bigyan |
 |
| At the W@W Booth during the Bridal fair |
 |
| Dinner at IHop |
 |
| Catching up before leaving for Bangladesh |
 |
| The lunch date that started it all - my kaladkarin days |
 |
| More lunch dates |
 |
as wedding guests in a W@wie wedding
|
 |
| meeting randomly |
Cheers to our fellow w@wies for the never ending love and friendship! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment