Saturday, August 31, 2013

Supplier's Review: Flowers, Emcee and HMUA

FLOWERS: Headbands & Headbands by Mikee Palmera
Peso Power: Php 5505
Inclusion: 1 Bridal bouquet, 1 groom boutonniere, 2 mother’s bouquet, 1 MOH bouquet, 5 ninangs brooches, 3 SS wrist corsages, 4 FG headbands plus shipping fee
Highly Recommendable

Originally, I was eyeing for this known supplier but after inquiring for their basic package, I know I have to give them up. I’ve checked other suppliers also but I find it a waste of money to pay for something that I will throw afterwards. Flowers will wilt and then you have to throw it. I told honey the same reason before that’s why he doesn’t buy me flowers anymore.
My Bridal Bouquet
I don’t want to splurge on real flowers. I want something that I can keep and re-use but affordable. Then, I read blogs about fabric bouquets and brooch bouquets. I asked Alvin if I can have a non-traditional bouquet and he said it is fine. I started searching for a peg and was planning to do it myself but the laziness hits me. So I look for fabric flower supplier instead.
My Husband's Boutnniere
I read about H&H in W@W. There’s another supplier but I find H&H more convenient in communicating with. Transaction with her was easy. It’s a good thing also that I was able to get a quote from her before her price increase because when I finally placed my order we followed her previous quote instead of her new rate. She was able to follow all the pegs that I showed her, we just had a hard time with the boutonniere but the final output is still pretty. 
Mother's bouquet and my MOH's bouquet
She even delivered the package herself to my place because she’s worried that the courier will not take care of it and might break the feathers in my bouquet. And she gave one extra brooch. Instead of 5, I got 6 brooches. She’s one pleasant lady and she does Hair & Make Up too. 
SS's wrist corsages
Ninang's brooch
I just added embellishments in the handles of the bouquets, but even without those, her handiwork is wonderful. 
PRO:
  • She was able to deliver what I want and on-time
  • She doesn’t require down payment if the work order is at minimal rate
  • She shows the sample’s images for approval before proceeding for final production.
  • She’s fast at her work. She delivered it ahead of time.
CON: To some, this is maybe not a con. She copies from a peg, I’m not sure if she can come up with her own design, but I guess with her creativity she can create her own design.


WEDDING HOST: Missy Ferrer-Litao
Peso Power: Php 9000 with Php 500 discount if you are a W@W Tagholder
Highly Recommendable
Contact details: 09088649651; missy_ferrerlitao@yahoo.com

A wedding host can either break or make your wedding reception. A good one can bring life to the party and I've experienced having a very excellent host in my Manila Wedding reception, and a non-professional host in my Bangladesh Wedding Reception, and i've seenthe difference.
We forgot to have a decent picture with Missy
I'm so glad booking Missy as my wedding host. She’s great in her hosting. She is one of the best if not the best wedding host in town. My In-laws were so amazed how she handles the program. There’s no single dull moment or blank air moment. The guests only have good words for her. She’s bubbly and full of positive vibes.

Missy in action
My only observation, she does her hosting so well and right to the dot that it feels like “it’s too rush up” since she needs to finish the program within that 1 ½ hour, or maybe because I feel the whole day itself is too short. It can be a CON or a PRO, depends how you see it. My sisters had different opinions on this though. One find it good, at least the program is not dragging and it finished just in time and long enough for the people to be entertained. While my other sister said, Missy did it so fast that they were not able to enjoy their meal because Missy requires the family in some parts of the program like every other minute. Even with this observation, I’m still glad I booked her to host our event. You never go wrong with Missy.

CON:
  • Her rate is higher than the other wedding host because she’s from Cavite, so there’s an OOT charge in her rate already.
  • Since she is from Cavite and works in Makati, she only does meet-up at Makati area and usually after office hours which is 5pm onwards. It’s a con for me because I’m from Quezon City and I commute, and I hate the rush hour in MRT stations.


Peso Power: Php 19200 - Bride + 5 heads + groom, additional 2500 for airbrush upgrade for the bride
Highly Recommendable

I was actually eyeing the HMUA during my eldest sister’s wedding, but since my sisters doesn’t like to pay for their own HMUA, I have to look for someone I can afford. My journey in selecting my HMUA is a long one that I booked trials with different HMUAs when I went home for vacation.
Trial Hair &Make-Up: Traditional; Before and after
Ms. Irene wasn’t in my shortlists but after the not-so-good experience with another HMUA, Krystle who is a fellow w@wie, referred her to me. So I instantly inquired and set a schedule for trial while I’m in manila. I’m glad I did. She’s nice and I don’t feel any “yabang” in her even if she’s been in the industry for so long. She knows her craft and it’s easy communicating with her. She replies to my email promptly. She uses Laura Mercier, Lancome, Nars, Shu Uemera, Revlon, L'Oreal and Krayolan. Even my photographer has good words for Ms. Irene's work and professionalism.
Upgraded to Airbrush
She and her team arrived on time on the day. They are fast with their work but meticulously done. Ms. Irene enhances my beauty and I never felt so beautiful. Indeed, every bride is the prettiest on their wedding day.
from Ms. Irene's mobile camera

with Ms. Irene, photo from her mobile
They gave me a second look but it’s her assistant Angel who does it. Ms. Irene stays until you leave the hotel, and after that, Angel is in charge. I’m fine with it since it’s just a re-touch. Angel is a nice lady also. My husband said "Angel made him look more handsome that day!".

Wedding tips from Ms. Irene:
Hair coloring / treatment - at least 2 weeks before the wedding date
Eyelash perming - 2-3 weeks before the wedding, you can have it at a later date, this is just an advise so that the eyelashes will not be too curly which in effect may look so unreal
Facial - no facial 2 weeks before the wedding

No comments: